Dropmore is situated west of the Assiniboine River and the Shell River.
In 1909 a railway was established which lead to construction of a grain elevator and stores. The C.P.R. and the construction of the new bridge on the Assiniboine enabled settlers of surrounding areas to deliver grain to a flourishing Dropmore.
"Small in size, it is big in spirit." - John Sawkey